Nourish in Nature - Retreats for Women
Yoga, Herbs, Nutrition and Meditation
with Sara, Fiona and Aoife
June 3 - 9
June 17 - 23
September 16 - 22
September 23 - 29
We invite you to Nourish your body, mind and spirit on retreat with us....
Stretch and relax your body with yoga, allow the practice of asana (yoga postures) to release tension and restriction, allowing the natural flow of energy to circulate and nourish muscles and joints. Pranayama (breathing) and meditation will help to calm the nervous system and busy minds, creating a chance for you to sink deep into stillness, space and quiet. Indulge and enjoy a treatment with Aoife, choosing from a relaxing massage, Reiki or reflexology. Absorb the knowledge and information in the workshops about herbs and nutrition, specifically for women's health. Take home new recipes and knowledge about herbs to support your specific needs at this time. Make time and space for reflection. Think about intention, make note of your thoughts, dreams or insights. Often when we step away from our everyday life, we open up space for inspiration and ideas.
Yoga and meditation
- daily yoga (hatha and vinyasa) exploring the physical, mental and energy bodies.
- breathing practices for both energising and relaxing (pranayama)
- guided meditations
- yoga nidra - deeply nourishing relaxation and working with personal intention
- retreat handbook which includes information on yoga for women, and all the information from each workshop
- a goodie bag for every guest
herbs and nutrition
- herb workshops, making tinctures, infusions and tea blends
- herb walk, gathering, collecting, drying and storing herbs
- hormone health workshop
- adrenal fatigue and herbs to de-stress workshop
- opportunity for private consulatations with Sara (herbs and nutrition *not included in price)
relaxation and wellbeing
- a complementary treatment with Aoife (Relaxing massage, reflexology or reiki
- opportunity to book for more specialised bodywork with Aoife *not included in price
- wholefood nutritious meals three times each day (gluten free & vegan options available)
- swimming in natural swimming pool or the reservoir a short walk away
Women's lives are often too hectic because we are busy with work, children, family and social commitments. Our minds also become busy, remembering things, planning and making lists. We can start to feel overloaded as we negotiate our way at top speed on our smart phones through the plans for each day, and each week, dropping in and out of each others lives through social media and balancing the pressures of our careers and family with our true selves. This retreat is designed to gently address these ideas, allowing women time to step away from everyday life and make some space to focus on well being and perhaps initiate some longer lasting lifestyle changes. We all need time out to take care of ourselves, so that we are better able to take care of others in our lives. The retreat is held at Quinta Canaval, a boutique eco hotel, located in Central Portugal. For more detailed information on the retreat location and travel click here.
Learning techniques and methods of self care can help us to cope with life. Instead of just surviving, we can learn to thrive and embrace our true creativity. Retreating into a natural environment can encourage this process, and spending time in a simple environment, indulging ourselves with daily yoga practice, simple breath work and meditation can all assist in this process.
We can also learn to further support ourselves and our lives with the use of herbs and nutrition. Especially as we move through the different phases of a woman's life; where our bodies encounter so much transformation and change. Sara Rooney will be sharing her wisdom on herbs and health, and ways to support women's health and well being. View Sara's website
Aoife Brewster will be offering her specialised and wide range of treatments for guests, focusing specifically on women's health and well being. View Aoife's website
All the food is prepared daily from fresh (organic where possible) ingredients and is wholesome and tasty. Guests can enjoy the surrounding location, natural swimming pool, traditional Portuguese village, walking tracks and the reservoir 10 minutes walk away for swimming.
8.00am - Morning Yoga - Pranayama, asana and silent meditation
10.00 - Breakfast
11.00 - Morning workshops (herbs, nutrition)
2pm - Lunch
3.30pm - Afternoon, workshops or treatment time, walks or swimming
5.30 - 7pm - Afternoon yoga, meditation, yoga nidra (Monday, Wednesday and Friday)
7.30 - Evening meal